The Southwest Shadow welcomes all feedback from both students and the community.
Letters to the editor will be posted in the opinion section and marked as such. All submissions must include the author’s legal name, which will be included in the posting.
Letters to the editor should be no more than 300 words and revisions may be requested by the original author in the case of grammatical errors or violations of the standards set by the Editorial Board to maintain the integrity of the Southwest Shadow. These letters should be submitted electronically to [email protected]
Letters to the editor will be verified by the Editorial board to ensure proper attribution is made and that the article is an original entry made by the noted writer.
No letters or comments will be posted that are deemed as obscene, invasive of others privacy, encouraging physical disruption of school activities, and/or implies libel.
All comments are moderated to ensure that the above criteria is met and will be posted as quickly as possible. All comments must be accompanied by the full legal name of the author.
Comments will be removed if:
- The comment attacks a named or identified person or group unreasonably
- The comment makes readers unreasonably uncomfortable on the basis of ones race, gender,
religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or otherwise.
- The comment attacks personally any school employee.
- The comment contains excessive obscenities or sexual explicitness.
- The comment is poorly constructed